Our sitters are highly qualified professionals. They’re not only reliable and trustworthy, but they actually love kids! We pride ourselves on our roster of energetic and attentive sitters. They’ll go above and beyond when it comes to the needs of your children. While on the job, our sitters are expected to be fully engaged, stick to your desired schedule, and follow any instructions you may leave.
We can guarantee the quality of your sitter because we take our selection process very seriously. We meet every sitter face to face—no exceptions.
In addition to our personalized interview and vetting process, all Smart Sitters undergo a comprehensive background check that includes identity verification tied to his or her social security number, as well as a check of every available state’s sex offender registry. We also take the time to review and monitor our sitters’ social media activity to keep an eye out for any red flags.
You can learn more about our screening process below!
We choose the best of the best.
Becoming a Smart Sitter is not as easy as completing an online profile and undergoing a cursory background check. Rather, our sitters are hand-picked by our agency owners and managers. Each has participated in our rigorous application process, which includes:
- Thorough, one-on-one, face-to-face interview with agency owners or managers
- Written reference check (at least 3 non-family references)
- Comprehensive background check**
- 3-month trial period (requirement of 100% client satisfaction in order to maintain sitter membership)
- Social media monitoring (Facebook and Instagram)
** Prior to 3/01/18, applicants were required to undergo background checks through the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (includes statewide criminal records search). Effective 3/01/18, background checks are conducted through eNannySource.com– Business News Daily’s 2018 pick for “best background check service for household employees.” This background check includes a nationwide criminal records search, Social Security number trace, and national sex offender registry search. Applicants are also required to submit certified driving records from each state in which they have held a driver’s license.
Qualifications Held By Our Sitters:
A majority of our sitters are First Aid and CPR certified. We also have sitters with the following certifications:
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Emergency Medical Responder
- Professional Rescuer
- Safe Sleep
- American Red Cross Babysitter Training
- Swim Instructor
- American Sign Language
We have sitters who are:
- Elementary school teachers
- Applied Behavior Analysis specialists
- Full-time nannies
And sitters who are:
- Experienced with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Type 1 Diabetes, and other special needs and childhood-onset medical conditions
- Comfortable handling food allergies and administering EpiPens
- Talented in music, visual arts, and sports
- Fluent or conversational in foreign languages (including French and Spanish)
Smart Sitters South Carolina LLC also carries home health care general liability insurance.